If you are thinking about starting a new fitness routine, the best selling Cap Barbell 40 lb dumbbell set could be a useful addition to your home gym.
This product article takes a look at the weight set in more detail, including the design, exercise options, and a summary of the customer reviews.
If you are thinking about buying a new dumbbell set, you will usually have 3 main types to choose from; adjustable, fixed weight, and those that require weight plates.
While each type has their benefits, the Cap Barbell 40 lb dumbbell set provides you with weight plates and a set of bars to allow you to adjust and store the weight easily.
With most dumbbell sets of this type, it’s often difficult to find a way of storing the weight plates without buying an additional weight plate storage tree or rack.
Fortunately this particular set includes a carry case complete with handle, making it easy to keep the set together for both storage and transport.
In terms of the bar and collar design, knurling has been added to the handles to help make them easier to grip, with spin-lock style collars used to securely hold the plates in place.
Although this set provides you with 40 lb of weight including the bars, additional weight plates are available for when your strength level increases.
Cap Barbell 40 lb Dumbbell Set – Features Summary
- 40 pound set includes two handles, four 2.5-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, 4 collars, and a plastic storage case
- Set features ergonomic grips, comfort handles, and rubber trim collars
- Durable cast iron plates have a semi-gloss finish
- Collars are threaded for a secure fit to handles
- Rust and maintenance-free
Together with a standard or Olympic barbell, having a high quality set of dumbbells is one of the most cost effective ways to build strength and muscle from your own home gym.
Where many adjustable dumbbells are often too long to perform curling exercises comfortably, the length of the bars in the Cap Barbell 40 lb dumbbell set makes them ideal.
As well as standard dumbbell curls, there are a much wider range of exercises that can be performed for both upper and lower body muscle groups.
When combined with an adjustable weights bench, the following list is just a few of the more popular exercises that are possible:
- Incline hammer curls
- Concentration curls
- Incline dumbbell flys
- Dumbbell rows
- Tricep kickbacks
- Side lateral raises
- Dumbbell lunges
- Front raises
- Lying tricep extensions
- Forearm curls
With 30+ exercises to choose from, this set allows you to work each muscle group from a variety of angles to help develop a well balanced physique.
While un-boxing videos and in-depth articles are both useful ways of finding out more about the design of a product and its benefits, if you want to find out more about the quality then there’s no better way than customer reviews.
Amazon is often the best place to start looking, where you can currently find over 700 reviews for the Car Barbell 40 lb dumbbell set.
With a combination of short and in-depth reviews, the vast majority of which are 4 or 5 stars, we’ve provided a summary of the most frequently mentioned pros and cons of this set in the list below.
This is terrific value, especially for the price and the amount of weight you get. The case is nice and the weights are easy to switch out. – Kellen enlson, Amazon Verified Purchase
- A fraction of the cost of adjustable dumbbells
- Solid case helps to protect the plates and prevent any from being misplaced
- Easy to add and remove plates to the bars as you progress through your sets
- Spin lock collars keep the plates securely on the bar
- Comfortable grip
- High quality steel design
- Depending on the speed of your strength gains, you may find you grow out of the 40 lb limit quite quickly. (Additional weight plates can be purchased to upgrade the weight)
- Latches on the box can become loose over time