This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Read Our Disclosures
Whether it’s simply for lounging around the house, working at the office, or striking your favorite pose, yoga fashion has been incorporated into our everyday life. And, it’s here to stay.
That’s because yoga is no longer looked at as a woman-only fitness activity. It’s made for anyone, of any age group. But, for all our yogi men out there, this one’s for you.
Today we’ll be talking about what to look for in men’s yoga pants and the 5 best yoga pants for men.
What should guys wear to yoga?
In the past, yoga clothing was oriented towards women. So, what about the guys out there? Surprisingly, there’s many more options available these days than you think.
To make sure you get the right kind of pants for you, here are some things to think about.
- Size/Fit: What sizes do they come in? Are they slim fit, tapered, or baggy? Do they come in plus sizes? Will the material shrink or stretch over time?
- Material: What kind of material is it? It is stretchy? Is it a sweat wicking or breathable fabric? Is the material light? Will the material shrink when washed?
Style: For the style of pants, consider what you’ll be using the pants for. Are the pants versatile? Could you wear them for lounging and leisure activities, as well as yoga? Will you be doing hot yoga? If so, yoga shorts may be a better option.
Do you prefer leggings or joggers? Is it comfortable? What designs and colors do they come in? Can they be removed easily during a workout?
- Features: What kind of basic or performing enhancing features do the yoga pants have? What are the pockets like? Are they zippered? What’s the waistband like?
- Price: Yoga clothing is usually quite expensive. Is the price worth it for you? How often will you actually wear or use the pants?
- Care instructions: Are they easy to clean? Or are they dry clean only?
- Return policy: If you don’t like them or if they don’t fit, how long do you have to return them?
Lululemon In Mind Pant 30″
- Size: XS-XXL
- Fit: tapered, 30″ length
- Material: body: 85% nylon, 15% elastane, back upper panel: 75% recycled polyester, 21% polyester, 4% elastane
- Features: elastic-free waistband, secure pockets, media pocket
- Price: $118 USD
The Lululemon In Mind men’s yoga pants, is the sleekest pair out of the bunch. They’re made for yoga, but because of their clean look, they can easily be worn anywhere. The material stretches 4 ways, is moisture wicking and dries quickly. Mesh inserts are placed around the pants to increase breathability.
They’re 30″ in length, and are tapered for a slimmer fit. The pockets are zippered, and they even have a special pocket for your phone. Other reviewers say the material is prone to pilling so, they may need to be hand-washed instead.
Alo Moto Technical Jogger
- Size: S-XXL
- Fit: tapered, relaxed rise
- Material: body: double knit terry, knee detail: stretch woven
- Features: drawcord waistband, zipper pockets
- Price: $74-$99 USD
The Alo Moto jogger is a yoga option for those that like sweatpants but, like to look fashionable. It features a stylish moto design with pleated knee details. The light material is also a 4-way stretch fabric, that wicks moisture, and resists odors.
Available in 2 colors, black and dark navy, it has the traditional drawcord waistband, and zipper pockets. These joggers could be put in a cold water wash, and they definitely can be worn outside the yoga studio.
Praha Vaha Men’s Yoga Pants
- Size: XS-XXXL, inseam 30″, 32″, 34″
- Fit: straight leg, standard fit
- Material: body: 53% hemp, 44% recycled polyester, 3% spandex
- Features: UPF 50+, elastic waistband with drawcord, front welt pockets, back patch pockets
- Price: $85 USD
These Praha men’s yoga pants are perfect for guys that want to keep it natural. They feature a standard, straight leg fit but, you can choose your inseam length. The material is made of a stretchy hemp blend, with UPF 50+. The hemp moisture-wicking fabric helps keep you dry.
We suggest using a machine wash with cold water. The pants have a drawcord elastic waistband, and welt and patch pockets. They come in 4 different colors.
Nike Dri-Fit Men’s Yoga Pants
- Size: S-4XXL tall
- Fit: tapered, standard fit
- Material: 92% polyester, 8% spandex
- Features: elastic waistband with drawcord, pockets
- Price: $65 USD
The Nike Dri-Fit men’s yoga pants look like your traditional sweatpants but slimmer. They come in a variety of sizes to accommodate everyone. So, if you’re a taller man, these may be a fit for you. They’re made of recycled polyester fibers and feature Nike dri-fit technology, which helps keep the sweat away.
It has a couple of pockets, and an elastic drawcord waistband. They should be washed in cold water. These light yoga pants come in 6 different colors, and are the best buy on our list.
Vuori Ponto Performance Pant
- Size: XS-XXL
- Fit: tapered, straight leg, relaxed fit
- Material: 89% recycled polyester, 11% elastane
- Features: elastic waistband with drawcord, zippered pockets
- Price: $84 USD
The Vuori Ponto pants are yet another modern take on joggers. They feature a relaxed, straight leg fit, and are also made of recycled polyester, which is moisture wicking. Because of their buttery soft, 4-way stretch fabric, they’d be ideal for lounging too.
The pants come with zippered pockets, and a drawcord waistband. They can be machined washed in cold water and dried on low. This style comes in 6 colors.
To pique your interest, we’ve supplied you with the most popular men’s yoga pants styles. But, there are even more yoga pants available out there, if you just search around online. Most of them are modern looking, so they can be used for anything.
The bottom line for yoga is, to choose something that’s comfortable, flexible, light, and breathable. That way, you can place your focus solely on your “asanas“.
USA Home Gym gives in-depth insights into gym equipment, supplements, and fitness training methods. The motivation behind USA Home Gym is to provide you with information that goes beyond what you can find in any user manual, customer review, or other online review sites.
We go to great lengths to ensure that our reviews are completely comprehensive, usually covering everything from the design features to the warranty coverage and exercise options. This is all to help guide you towards the home gym equipment that’s best suited to your goals and budget, whilst also being the highest quality option in your chosen price range.