The Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar is a doorway pull up bar strong enough to support 300 lbs, and fits any standard door width from 30 to 37″.
Multiple grip positions allow you to perform pull ups and chin ups with neutral, supinated, and pronated grips, to strengthen your biceps, shoulders, and back muscles.
But how does the Yes4All Deluxe bar compare to wall mounted or straight pull up bars, like the GoFit Chin Up Bar? Is it better value for money than the ProSource Multi-Grip, which has an almost identical design?
In our review, we’ll walk you through the features, exercise options, and installation process, to help you decide if this is the best pull up bar for your own home workouts.
The Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar caters for all pull up grip positions, with padded handles for added comfort.
This also helps to improve traction against the bar, so you can maintain your grip for longer.
It’s important to mention there are a few different types of bar to choose from:
- Black XSP Bar – The ultimate design, with the full range of grip positions, 300 lb capacity, and suitable for door widths from 30 to 37″
- Black CXP Bar – Similar to the XSP in terms of grip positions, but with a 250 lb capacity. It’s also only wide enough for door widths of 28 to 33″
- Standard Bar – Limited grip positions, with no wide grip and just one set of neutral grip handles. Usually available for half the price of the XSP and CXP bars (around $10)
The door frame is also better protected than with most doorway pull up bars. That’s because Yes4All used bar ends with a flat face against the moulding, which helps distribute the load better than a standard bar.
Each bar has been coated for durability and anti-corrosion, with a padded flat section to rest against your wall without causing damage. None require any fixings, and can be quickly installed and removed for home workouts.
Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar – Product Summary
- 100% stainless steel
- A single piece of solid steel to ensure max strength and offer more stability & security
- Support up to 300 lbs
- 5 grip positions with soft foam to provide comfort and prevent slipping
- Perfect for working out your backs, shoulder, chest, arms, triceps, biceps, lats, and the front of your abs
- Fits any doorways from 30 to 37″ wide
- Door thickness range from 4.75″ – 6.25″ including door trim
- 1 year warranty, 60 day return policy
Assembly and Installation
The packaging contains a set of “J” brackets, which should be mounted 9.5 inches apart, on the opposite side of the door frame to where you want to perform pull ups.
Although the leverage pressure created by body weight should be enough to prevent the bar from slipping, the “J” hooks provide added peace of mind.
Holes will need to be drilled into the wall by a ¼ drill bit, as holes for the wall anchors. The screws will then pull into these to keep the “J” hooks secure.
The instruction leaflet is easy enough to follow, and you can even get setup using only the exploded drawing shown below.
Click here to view the Yes4All CXP Deluxe Chin Up Bar user manual and assembly instructions.
The Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar supports a complete upper body workout, using only your body weight for resistance.
There are 6 grip positions to choose from, including pronated and supinated (overhand and underhand) pull ups. You can also use a neutral/hammer grip to target the forearms and brachialis. This makes it one of the most effective exercises for training your back and bicep muscles.
Chin ups can also be performed with the bar at the top of the door frame, or move it to the base of the frame for sit ups and ab crunches.
Because of its lightweight design, and fact that it requires no permanent fixings, you can also perform exercises away from the door. From the floor, you can perform push ups and tricep dips, to train your chest, tricep, and shoulder muscles.
- 60 days satisfaction warranty
- 1 year workmanship warranty
What do the Yes4All Deluxe reviews say?
An important part of any pull up bar review is to look at the feedback from other people who have bought and used the bar in their home workouts.
How easy was it to fit? Did they have a good experience with customer service? Was the bar strong enough, and were the grips comfortable to hold?
But reading through hundreds or even thousands of reviews can be time consuming. That’s why we did the leg work for you, and created a summary of the pros and cons for the Yes4All Deluxe Chin Up Bar, based on direct customer feedback.
- Easy to assemble and install
- Excellent stability
- Wide variety of grip positions
- Foam padding helps improve your grip and protect your hands
- Versatile enough to perform back and bicep exercises in addition to chest, ab, tricep and shoulder workouts
- Requires no permanent fixings, so no damage to the door frame
- Great customer service
- Can be integrated as part of any good home workout plan, such as P90X
- Quick and easy way to get a body weight workout from home
- Sturdy design supports the full weight capacity
- Must be removed from the door frame before closing the door. This is typical of a leverage doorway pull up bar, but some straight pull up bars can be left in place
- The bar ends that contact the door frame can leave black marks, and some customers found they separated from the bar easily. Most recommend supergluing them if this happens, replacing with thicker padding, or wrapping with additional foam/cheap towells.
- Some of the instructions are a little difficult to follow, but overall the assembly is easy to figure out