This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Read Our Disclosures
Currently one of the highest rated treadmill desks online, the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit Desk Station Treadmill offers a range of incline settings, large work area, and a convenient folding design.
With treadmill desks becoming such a popular option as a way of reducing the amount of time we spend sitting in front of screens, we wanted to provide a quick review of the features that make this particular model so popular.
If you’re considering buying a new treadmill but aren’t sure if you’ll find the time to use it, a recent new design trend offers the option to exercise while you work.
Treadmill desks such as the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit are designed to solve the problem of spending too many hours sat stationary at your work desk.
By promoting exercise while still allowing you to get your work done, this can be an excellent way to find the time you need to workout each day.
Although this probably won’t be the best choice of machine for anyone that’s serious about their running (max. belt speed is 4 mph), its compact folding design mean you really don’t need a lot of space to get this setup in your home study.
But just because this treadmill includes a work desk feature, that doesn’t mean you have to have it setup all the time.
The desk itself is actually completely removable, with the supporting bar able to fold out of the way when needed.
If you wanted to, you can also quickly remove the extended handles, leaving you more space to walk and workout.
Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit – Features Summary
- Extra long safety handles are 18-Inch long, more than 2 X the length of other typical treadmill handles.
- Tested up to 400-Pounds of user weight, built on a heavy duty reinforced frame.
- Power Incline adjustment range from 0 Percent to 15 Percent
- Desk Top size is 4-Feet (48-Inch) L x 2-Feet (24-Inch) W at the widest sections
- Please note the distance from the treadmill belt to the desk top is 4-Feet
- 1.5 Horse Power High Torque Motor
- “Quiet Drive” motor, which reduces any noise when walking and working
- Treadmill belt is Fitness Club extra wide, measuring 20″ (W) x 40″ (L)
- Speed Range starts at .4mph and then can go up to 4 mph via .1 mph increments
Display console design
Although the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit is designed to help you work while you workout, the display console still manages to provide you with some important functions, all kept within easy reach.
Surrounded by a PU foam arm and wrist support to help provide cushioning for your wrists when typing, you have many of the same features you would come to expect from a standard motorized treadmill.
There’s the safety key for attaching to your clothing so that the belt stops in the event of a fall when walking, speed and incline adjustment options, and even a backlit LCD screen.
Despite being made a little more compact than some machines, the screen still clearly displays all your most important workout information.
This includes elapsed time, distance walked, calories burned, speed, heart rate, and even a pacer graph.
As this is a treadmill that offers a range of power incline settings (up to 15%), it’s also important that you can adjust the angle of the desk.
This is possible through a choice of 4 different angle settings, designed to help counteract any incline you choose to walk at.
If for any reason you do find the display console buttons awkward to use, the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit also features speed and incline adjustment buttons on the extra-long safety handles.
When to choose a treadmill desk over a treadmill
Although a treadmill desk can certainly provide some unique benefits to your work / life balance, it’s also important to think about whether this type of treadmill will actually be practical.
The Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit doesn’t have any height adjustment options for the desk, which means it’s best suited to users around 5ft 6 ins to 5ft 8ins (desk if 4ft from the running belt).
It’s also worth thinking about where you will be able to position the machine. It has to be in a way that any wires that connect from power points to your computer or phone aren’t going to pose a safety hazard to other people or yourself when in use.
Just simple walking on your Exerpeutic Desk Station Treadmill, can improve your mental alertness, heighten creativity, fight depression, increase daily productivity and can even improve your overall wellbeing.
So if you have the space close to power sockets, height of the desk won’t be an issue, and you are looking for a way to avoid sitting for extended periods in front of a screen, then this could be an excellent option.
Customer reviews and review ratings
Despite still being a treadmill at its heart, the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit does feature a desk and various features you probably haven’t come across before when working out at your local commercial gym.
This is why finding out as much as you can about other people’s experiences is even more important with treadmill desks than it is with standard treadmills.
As with most fitness equipment, there will always be a fairly wide distribution of reviews when it comes to the ratings. The most important thing is that the overall average rating is high (preferably 3.5 or 4 upwards).
Fortunately, Amazon currently has the Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit listed with an average of 4 out of 5 stars.
This is a rating we’ve only seen beaten by a few of the models in the LifeSpan Fitness collection of treadmill desks, although you can expect to pay 2 to 3 times more for these designs.
For convenience, we’ve provided a quick summary of the pros and cons we came across when reading the reviews for the Exerpeutic model. As always, you can find the full reviews and a collection of reviews over on Amazon.
- Excellent customer service
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Folds away with the assistance of hydraulics
- Handles are removable if you find they get in the way of your workout
- Large desk area allows you to position your computer, phone, and other peripherals up to the maximum weight of 80 lbs
- High weight capacity
- Power inclines up to 15% allow you to burn even more calories
- Ideal for helping you reach the recommended 10,000 step per day level
- Reduces the risk of lower back pain and other health issues associated with being seated for extended periods
- Lengthy warranty on the frame and motor
- Some movement in the computer monitor when walking at higher speeds
- Height isn’t adjustable which restricts the range of user heights it’s suitable for
- Display console doesn’t allow manual input of your weight, making the feedback for calories burned inaccurate at times
What’s included with the warranty?
- Motor: 5 years
- Frame: Lifetime
USA Home Gym gives in-depth insights into gym equipment, supplements, and fitness training methods. The motivation behind USA Home Gym is to provide you with information that goes beyond what you can find in any user manual, customer review, or other online review sites.
We go to great lengths to ensure that our reviews are completely comprehensive, usually covering everything from the design features to the warranty coverage and exercise options. This is all to help guide you towards the home gym equipment that’s best suited to your goals and budget, whilst also being the highest quality option in your chosen price range.