The Adidas Flat Bench makes for a lightweight and compact addition to any home gym, with thick padding providing some much needed cushioning under heavier weights.
But is this really the best value weight bench available?
In our review, we’ll take a closer look at the exercise options, customer reviews, and design features. This includes comparisons with similar flat weight benches, to help you find the best exercise bench for your own home workouts.
With weights benches being amongst the most popular items of fitness equipment in home gyms, there’s now no shortage of designs to choose from. This is particularly true at the lower price points of under $100.
The different seat and back support positions, attachment options, and choice of buying a bench with a rack or without can often make your decision more complicated than it needs to be.
What if you were simply looking for a high quality, flat workout bench? If so, then the Adidas Flat Bench could be an excellent choice, with its flat design and supportive oversized steel frame.
Although you don’t have the same incline and decline positions as one of the leading FID benches, this still has a number of benefits.
The length of the padded surface makes this bench well suited to taller and shorter users alike, with its 111cm length suitable for users up to 6’4″ tall.
With such a low profile frame keeping you close to the ground (42.5cm height), this means you don’t have to worry so much about any damage to the floor from dropping dumbbells at the end of a set.
This also benefits the exercises you use the Adidas Flat Bench for, from pullovers to dumbbell rows. That’s mainly thanks to keeping your hip and lower back aligned and well supported with the 2.5″ thick high-density foam padding.
Without the addition of any leg developer or lat pulldown attachments, this also helps to keep the footprint much smaller, allowing you to workout in a much smaller space.
Adidas Flat Bench – Features Summary
- High quality leather upholstery
- Oversized bench pad with 2.5″ thick, high density foam
- Low profile design
- Large diameter steel tubing
- Durable construction and powder coated finish
- Compact design
Exercise options with the Adidas Flat Bench
The only real limitation of the flat design is the more limited range of exercises, compared to some of the higher priced FID benches.
That being said, you can still use the Adidas Flat Bench to support a full range of upper and lower body exercises, when combined with a simple dumbbell set.
The following list is just a few of the exercises this bench can support:
- Dumbbell rows
- Flat dumbbell flys
- Seated shoulder press
- Seated side lateral raises
- Tricep kickbacks
- V crunches
- Forearm curls
- Elevated single leg split squats
- Seated rear delt fly
- Seated dumbbell concentration curls
- Overhead tricep extensions
While photos and videos can be an excellent source of information, many people still prefer to use customer reviews as their primary criteria for judging the quality of a fitness product.
If this is the case, then you won’t be disappointed with the Adidas Flat Bench.
With well over 100 highly rated reviews of the full 5 stars on Amazon alone, this is a bench that has proved extremely popular.
If you don’t have time to read all of these reviews, we’ve created a summary of the pros and cons and created a quick reference guide below.
- Despite the factory suggested limit of 300 lb, many reviewers report this bench being able to support a weight capacity of 600 lb
- Low price compared to weight benches with a similar weight limit
- Easy to assemble
- Low to the ground allows a wider range of exercise options
- Heavy duty welding and solid, stable design
- Padding is firm enough to keep you supported, but still keep you comfortable
- Lightweight design makes it much easier to transport if required
- A couple of customers found the padding to be too thick
- Overall it was difficult to find many negative points that were mentioned across enough reviews to be worth mentioning.
There were only a small handful of reviews available that rated this bench less than 4 stars.