The Body Solid SFID325 is a heavy duty bench designed for both home and light commercial use. The 1,000 lb weight limit sets it apart from similarly priced benches, with a range of impressive features which we take a look at in more detail throughout this article.
In terms of versatility, this depends on the number of back support positions available, and whether or not you can adjust the positioning of the seat.
The Body Solid SFID325 has been designed so that the back support and seat can each be adjusted independently, with a choice of 2 positions for the seat and 7 for the back support.
These 7 positions range from an 18 degree decline through to a nearly vertical 80 degree incline. This lets you find the ideal position for performing a range of upper body exercises, including dumbbell presses, dumbbell rows, and seated concentration curls.
If you are thinking about buying a new weights bench for your home gym, deciding which one to buy will usually be based on 3 factors; versatility, weight capacity, and price.
flys and shoulder presses.
Adjusting the angle of the back support also couldn’t be easier. There’s no complicated locking pin or sliding track mechanism to hold it in place, just a solid bar that slides into one of the pre-cut positions in the frame.
Both the seat and back support adjustments are fitted with coated handles to make it easier to grip and change their positions.
The weight capacity is extremely high for a home gym bench, and something you would be more likely to find on a bench in a top commercial gym.
With a 1,000 lb limit taking it up to the same strength as the Ironmaster Super Bench, the Body Solid SFID325 can support bench pressing weights up to a professional powerlifting standard.
To add a little extra protection for your lower back, the back support pad has been widened towards the seat.
It remains narrower at the top to allow for the retraction and movement of your shoulders during the pressing type exercises.
Body Solid SFID325 – Features Summary
- 2″x3″, eleven-gauge steel frame
- Independent back pad and seat pad adjustments
- 1000 pound capacity tested
- Thick, durable padding
- Transport wheels for easy movement
- Back pad adjusts flat, incline (15, 30, 45, 60 and 80 degrees) and decline (-18 degrees)
- Seat pad adjusts flat, 10, and 18 degrees
- Height to pad –flat position 18”
- Back Pad tapers 9.5” -12” towards seat pad
With such a high weight limit, the Body Solid SFID325 isn’t a bench that restricts you to just using dumbbells.
While combining the bench with a high quality set of dumbbells will certainly increase the range of exercise options, you can also combine it with a full sized Olympic bar and power cage for more heavy duty workouts.
The following list is just a small selection of the number of exercises that are possible when combined with a simple dumbbell set:
- Elevated lunges
- Incline dumbbell flys
- Concentration curls
- Standing preacher curls
- Overhead tricep extensions
- Seated hammer curls
- Shoulder press
- Incline dumbbell curls
While articles, videos, and photos can do their best to show you all the important design features, reading customer reviews from a group of people who have purchased and tested the Body Solid SFID325 is still important.
Although weights benches outside of the Bowflex designs tend to have relatively few reviews, we did manage to find a few on Amazon.
Rating this bench at an average of 4 stars out of 5, we’ve collected the most frequently mentioned positives and negatives to be mentioned in these reviews and listed them below.
- Extremely strong design
- Very little assembly required
- High quality protective paint and upholstery
- Wide range of possible back support positions
- Being able to adjust the angle of the seat helps improve posture when performing exercises that require the back support to be at an incline
- Thick padding keeps provides comfortable cushioning against the frame when pressing heavier weights
- Transport wheels make it easy to move
- 74 lb weight makes the bench heavier to move than similar designs
- No leg / ankle supports to hold you in place when performing exercises at a decline setting