The XMark XM-4414 flat bench combines a high strength 500 lb weight capacity with a built-in dumbbell storage rack to help reduce the cost of creating your own home gym.
In our review, we’ll take a closer look at the design features, exercise options, and customer customer feedback, to help you decide if the XM-4414 is the best weight bench for your own home workouts.
One of the main advantages that commercial gyms have over most home gyms is their space. They usually have much more room for larger equipment, as well as storage racks for both weight plates and dumbbells.
So what can you do if you don’t have a huge amount of space at home, but still want to keep your dumbbells off the floor and tidied away when not being used?
This is a problem that Xmark Fitness have tried to solve with the XMark XM-4414 flat workout bench. As part of the frame design, there’s a storage rack built into the base, with enough room for multiple sets of dumbbells.
How many sets you can store will depend on the size and weight of each dumbbell, but it should still comfortably store 4 or 5 lighter sets without the need for stacking.
As well as taking up less space in your home gym, this also has a couple of additional benefits.
Benefits of the built-in dumbbell storage rack
These are that you always have your dumbbells within easy reach for your exercises, and that you don’t have the additional expense of paying for a separate storage rack.
While separate racks can be useful, they will inevitably be an extra cost and take up more space, which may not be ideal if you are looking to setup a home gym on a budget.
In terms of the bench itself, we see more of the impressive high weight capacity we have come to expect from XMark, with a 500 lb weight limit.
Although there aren’t any transport wheels, there’s nothing to stop you from moving the XMark XM-4414 into a squat rack or smith machine for barbell exercises.
XMark XM-4414 Flat Weight Bench – Features Summary
- 500 lb. weight capacity
- 36″ dumbbell storage rack for your most commonly used dumbbells
- LIFETIME in-home warranty
- Double stitched, tear-resistant Dura guard vinyl
- Tough skid resistant feet help protect your floors against damage
- Wide base for bench stability
- Extra thick 2.5” Hi-density cushion
- Scratch resistant baked powder coat finish
There’s no denying that free weights allow for the greatest range of exercises, while taking up the least amount of space.
When combined with a high quality bench like the XMark XM-4414, even a simple dumbbell set can provide dozens of exercises to train both your upper and lower body.
Some of the most effective workouts will usually include a variety of the following exercises:
- Seated concentration curls
- Flat dumbbell bench press
- Seated lateral raises
- Decline push ups
- Elevated single leg lunges
- Seated overhead tricep extension
- Dumbbell rows
- Tricep kickbacks
- Dumbbell flys
- Rear delt flys
- Forearm curls
One of the great benefits about looking at any weights bench from XMark Fitness is that there’s no shortage of highly rated reviews.
Whether you are looking for a heavier duty FID bench like the XMark XM-7604, or the XM-4414, it’s rare to find an XMark bench with an average rating of less than 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Although reading the full review is always important, we’ve put together the following collection of pros and cons to summarise some of the points mentioned most often:
- Simple yet stable design
- Made from high quality materials
- Quick to assemble
- Thick, comfortable padding
- Dumbbell storage helps speed up workouts and keep training area tidy
- 21″ height off the ground makes it well suited for elevated lunges and decline push ups
- Length of back support is ideal for taller users (6ft+)
- Difficult to find negative reviews of this bench. One customer reported it might be better if washers were included to strengthen the connection at the bolts.