The Xmark XM-7604 commercial FID bench has been designed with home gyms and light commercial use in mind, with its high weight limit and range of easy to adjust back support positions.
If you are considering buying a new weights bench, three factors will normally be at the top of a list of things to check before making your decision; price, versatility, and strength.
Taking a look at the strength of the Xmark XM-7604, it can reportedly support a weight of up to 1500 lbs, which is 500 lb higher than the popular Ironmaster Super Bench.
While this strength is certainly impressive, how many of us would really be using this bench with weights anywhere close to that level?
It’s more likely there to reassure and act as a comparison of strength between similarly priced benches.
In terms of the price, you can usually find this bench for between $370 and $430, depending on any discounts currently available on sites such as Amazon.
But it’s also important to take into account the versatility of the Xmark XM-7604, with its various positions and additional attachment options.
Unlike many adjustable weights benches, you won’t find any sliding rail or locking pin designs to fix the back support or seat in place. Instead, Xmark provide you with an easy to grip set of handles to lift and adjust the locking bar to the desired racking point.
There are 7 options for the back support, ranging from decline through to the nearly upright military press position. Each position is also clearly labelled to make it easier to record which setting you used in a workout journal if required.
One final feature of the Xmark XM-7604 worth mentioning is the vinyl covered rollers at the front of the bench.
These help to prevent your body sliding down the bench when in a decline position. The thick Duracraft cushioning is used to keep you comfortable during your workout, and is also used for both the seat and back support pad.
XMark XM-7604 Commercial FID Bench – Features Summary
- Exclusive LIFETIME residential warranty provides complete coverage for as long as you own the machine
- 1500 lb. weight capacity
- Frame constructed from commercial 11-gauge 2″ x 3″ rectangular steel for maximum strength making it ideal for home and light commercial use
- Ultra thick 3″ Duracraft cushions offer firm support
- Oversized 4.33″ vinyl-covered rollers
- Ideal for developing the upper body and abdominal work
- 7-position ladder adjustments from full decline to military press position
- 3-position seat adjustment on the rolled ergonomic seat
- 4-position Removable T-Bar Leg Hold Down Attachment for use with decline positions
- Built-in transit wheels
- Baked, scratch-resistant powder coating finish
- Recommended for commercial, light institutional and home use
Upper body workouts
Whether your goal is to improve overall fitness or build muscle and strength, it’s important to create a well balanced physique if you want to reduce the risk of injury.
This is why the range of possible positions with the Xmark XM-7604 is such an attractive feature.
The transport wheels also make it ideal for rolling into a barbell rack for barbell workouts, or into an area of space for dumbbell workouts.
Although an additional leg developer attachment is available separately for building up your quads and hamstrings, this weights bench is originally designed for upper body workouts.
The following list is a small selection of the 30+ exercises that are possible when combined with a simple set of dumbbells.
- Decline dumbbell press
- Incline dumbbell flys
- Incline hammer curls
- Seated concentration curls
- Dumbbell rows
- Seated shoulder press
- Side lateral raises
- Single arm preacher curls
- Overhead dumbbell extensions
As with any new fitness product, it’s important to find out about people’s experiences with actually using it once they have it setup at home.
Fortunately, the Xmark XM-7604 is one of the few benches that has a higher number of reviews available, with the vast majority of these being either 4 or the full 5 stars.
The following lists of pros and cons are provided as an overall summary after reading through each of these reviews.
- Lifetime in-home warranty
- High weight limit
- Thick and comfortable cushioning
- Quick to assemble (30 mins to 1 hr)
- Very sturdy
- Wide range of useful positions
- Long enough support for taller users (6ft+)
- No handle on the front to make it easier to move around if needed
- Higher priced than many home gym benches