Whether it’s to avoid paying expensive gym membership fees or simply to compliment your existing workouts, the features of the XMark XM-7630 workout bench have made it the perfect addition to many home gyms.
In our review, we’ll take a close look at the design features, exercise options, and customer feedback. This should help you decide if the XM-7630 is the best dumbbell weight bench for your own home workouts.
One of the main benefits of going to a commercial gym is the range of workout benches they have available.
You can often choose between incline, flat, and even decline, depending on the exercise you want to perform. But how can you create the same versatility in your own home gym?
You need to find a bench that has commercial grade strength, but also offers the full range of positions.
The XMark XM-7630 has been designed to tick both these boxes, while at the same time providing a whole range of additional features.
Incline, flat, and decline bench settings
As with any FID (Flat, incline, and decline) bench, you will probably be switching between the different back support positions quite frequently throughout your workouts.
To make this as quick and easy as possible, XMark Fitness have designed the XM-7630 with a ladder style adjustment system. This allows you to simply lift the support bar using one of the handles provided, then slide it into place at one of the preset positions.
Each position has been clearly marked with the angle, so that you can record this against your workout plan for more efficient muscular development.
With the bench set at a decline, you can also adjust the seat to a higher incline to prevent any discomfort in your lower back.
Another benefit of having the adjustable seat is that it also helps to vary the distance your knees are from the foot support bar. This is important for sliding your feet behind to hold you in place when performing exercises at a decline.
One final feature worth mentioning is the transport wheels attached to the base stabilizer bar. This makes it much easier to lift the XMark XM-7630 up by the foot support bar, then transport it if needed between workouts.
XMark XM-7630 – Features Summary
- Commercial quality 11 gauge 2″ x 3″ steel construction
- Ideal for in-home and light institutional use
- Seven ladder back adjustments from decline to upright military position
- Ultra-thick 3″ Duracraft cushions
- Tear-resistant, double stitched Duraguard vinyl
- 7 position adjustments from full decline to military press position
- Ergonomic 3 position adjustable seat
- Foot hold down bar
- Built-in transport wheels
- Scratch resistant, baked powder coat finish
Whether you are starting a new fitness program or have been weight training for many years, it can be beneficial to both strength and muscle gains to vary your workout routines.
While you can always change the reps and sets, varying the actual exercises you use to train a particular body part will often bring the greatest results.
This is why it’s important to buy a FID bench that can provide the various incline and decline positions, to create a greater list of exercises to choose from.
When you combine the XMark XM-7630 with a simple free weights set, the following exercises are just a few of the most popular and effective options you can add to this list:
- Incline dumbbell press
- Decline dumbbell flys
- Incline bicep curls
- Seated hammer curls
- Dumbbell rows
- Dumbbell shoulder press
- Arnold presses
- Side lateral raises
- Decline sit ups
If you have been browsing online marketplaces for a new weights bench, a company name that must have become recognisable is XMark Fitness.
Their reputation for designing and building high quality weights benches is well known, together with the wide variety of bench designs available in their range.
But it’s only by reading the dozens of highly rated reviews that you can get a sense of how beneficial this bench is to people’s workouts. With dozens of reviews already rating the XM-7630 as 5 stars, there’s plenty of feedback available to read through if you want to.
If you just want a quick summary of the reasons people love or dislike this bench, then we’ve also put together the lists of pros and cons and added them in the section below.
- 6 position settings give you plenty of choice for exercises
- Quick and easy to assemble
- High weight rating gives you added confidence when using the bench
- Quick to switch between different positions
- Thick and comfortable padding
- Transport wheels are useful for moving the bench around if needed
- High quality welding and materials helps improve the solid and stable feel when working out
- With almost all customers rating the XMark XM-7630 at 4 or 5 stars, it’s difficult to find a review that contains any faults for this bench. For the couple of negative reviews that can be found, these are usually due to a few missing parts, rather than the build quality.