- 1 BPI Sports Best Creatine ingredients
- 2 BPI Sports Best Creatine – Product Summary
- 3 Health benefits of creatine
- 4 Post-workout or pre-workout?
- 5 Mixability and taste
- 6 BPI Best Creatine vs. MuscleTech Platinum
- 7 BPI Best Creatine vs. Jarrow Creatine
- 8 What size is the best value?
- 9 Who are BPI Sports?
- 10 Review Overview
BPI Sports Best Creatine is packed with 6 advanced forms of creatine, including creatine monohydrate, creatine AKG, and pH buffered creatine alkaline to boost absorption. So does using a creatine blend increase strength and muscle growth at a faster rate than pure creatine monohydrate alone?
Best Creatine also includes 500 mg of betanine anhydrous per 6 g serving, with no loading phase required. But when you consider the price is double that of some pure creatine monohydrate powders (Bulk Supplements, MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine), are these added ingredients worth the money?
In this review we’ll compare BPI Sports Best Creatine to other top rated creatine powders, to guarantee you find the best balance of effectiveness and affordability. We’ve also included supplement stack recommendations for CrossFit, bodybuilding, powerlifting, and general fitness.
BPI Sports Best Creatine ingredients
BPI Sports is one of only a few sports nutrition companies to use a proprietary blend creatine powder. This includes 5 different types of creatine, as well as a 500 mg dose of betaine anhydrous.
But how does this affect the price compared to a pure creatine monohydrate supplement?
As you might expect, the cost per serving is much more than creatine from Optimum Nutrition and Musclepharm ($0.32 per serving compared to $0.10 and $0.18 per serving). But the price is surprisingly similar to Beast Sports Creature creatine, which also features a blend of ingredients.
So is a creatine blend really more effective than creatine monohydrate? Is there any scientific evidence to say creatine anhydrous or MagnaPower increases strength?
- The most clinically studied form of creatine, with a proven track record for increasing strength and lean muscle mass, when combined with heavy resistance training.
There’s no shortage of research reports and studies to choose from, with over 500 already in circulation. A summary of these results, published in the Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry journal, found that at least 70% of these studies reported significant results.
Short-term creatine supplementation was reported to improve maximal strength by 5-15%, work performed during maximal effort sets by 5-15%, and work performed during repetitive sprint performance by 5-15%.
- The same as creatine monohydrate but without the water molecule. So far there’s no clinical evidence to prove that creatine anhydrous has any added benefits, in terms of strength gain or increased absorption.
- MagnaPower® is magnesium creatine chelate, which is designed to increase anabolic activity by boosting ATP regeneration. Unfortunately we’re yet to see it used in an independent peer-reviewed study, and can only find limited evidence from its founder, Albion Minerals.
BPI Sports isn’t the only supplement company to use this form of creatine. Rich Piana’s 5% Nutrition Kill It pre-workout powder also contains a dose, but recommended serving size is difficult to establish, as it’s often grouped as part of a creatine blend.
- Also known as phosphocreatine or PCr. Some scientists believe that this type of formula is only useful for short bursts of power, which would obviously be beneficial for resistance training.
However, no clinical studies are available to support the use of creatine phosphate for strength and lean muscle gains.
- Creatine alpha ketoglutarate (AKG) is thought to be a compound that allows creatine more efficient entry to the muscles compared to monohydrate. This is thought to be because AKG is a Krebs cycle intermediate.
As with creatine phosphate, there’s no clinical evidence to say AKG is any more beneficial than monohydrate. Products that do contain AKG typically have a very vague product description that references the benefits of creatine in general, not AKG specifically.
It’s a type of creatine that showed promise 10 years ago or more, but little scientific evidence has emerged since then.
- The balancing of pH levels so they’re closer to neutral alkalinity is thought to stop unwanted conversion of creatine to creatinine.
pH buffered creatine alkaline
You’re also getting 500 mg of betaine anhydrous and 50 mg of himalayan pink salt per serving.
BPI Sports Best Creatine – Product Summary
- 6 advanced forms of Creatine, including Creatine Monohydrate
- No loading and no bloating with Best Creatine™ powder
- Improve muscular output and reduce fatigue
- Optimize performance and recovery
- Increase strength and muscle gains
Health benefits of creatine
For a comprehensive list of creatine health benefits, we recommend taking a look at our Creatine Buying Guide.
Post-workout or pre-workout?
Take 1 scoop mixed with 8 oz. of water before, during, or after your workout.
Mixability and taste
- Fruit Punch
- Icy Blue Raz
- Lime Sherbet
- Snow Cone
- Watermelon Cooler
BPI Best Creatine vs. MuscleTech Platinum
BPI Best Creatine vs. Jarrow Creatine
What size is the best value?
With a serving size of 6 grams, each tub provides you with either 50 or 100 servings.
At the time of writing this review, the best value for money comes from the tub with 50 servings (300g). Each serving was priced at $0.41, compared to $0.51 per serving with the larger 600g tub. That’s why we always recommend calculating the average cost per serving, across all sizes, before making a final buying decision.
Save money with Amazon
If you’re looking to save money on your monthly supplement order, you might want to consider the Amazon Subscribe & Save program.
Subscribe & Save allows you to unlock savings of up to 15% on a wide range of sports nutrition products, including BPI Sports Best Creatine.
You can save 5% with a subscription to 1 product, or save the full 15% by subscribing to 5 products, provided they’re all delivered to the same address. The delivery schedule can be set from monthly, up to once every 6 months.
Although 5 products might sound a lot, if you already supplement with a protein powder, multivitamin, creatine, BCAA, and glutamine, the savings can soon add up. But it’s best to order before you run out of your current supplements, because Amazon set the day of the month each order is sent (same day each month e.g. 14th.).
Who are BPI Sports?
BPI Sports has built up an extensive supplement line that now includes products for strength gain, weight loss, and improved endurance. Some of their current bestsellers include their Best BCAA powder, 1.M.R. Vortex pre-workout, and B4 Thermogenic fat burner, each of which has hundreds of highly rated reviews on Amazon.
In addition to their own extensive research, formulation, and trials, BPI Sports uses 3rd party auditing and testing tools to guarantee the highest quality supplements. This includes their ingredients, manufacturing processes, and final products.
Every BPI Sports supplement carries the ChromaDex Quality Verified Seal. This seal means supply chain facilities are cGMP compliant, products are tested for potential contaminates, and ongoing monitoring is in place to maintain the high standards.