This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Read Our Disclosures
The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Pull Up Bar is one of the best examples of a wall mounted pull up bar, with padded grips to increase comfort and reduce fatigue.
Its multiple grip positions allow you to perform neutral grip pull ups, chin ups, and wide grip pull ups. When combined with ab slings, you can also enjoy an effective workout for your ab muscles.
But how does the Wall Mount Pull Up Bar compare to doorway pull up bars, like the Ultimate Body Press XL?
In this review, we’ll walk you through the design features and installation process, to help you decide if this is the best pull up bar for your own home workouts.
The UBP Wall Mount Pull Up Bar is designed for on-center mounting to 16 inch studs. Every inch of the handles is coated in padding, to cater for different grip preferences.
One advantage of the padding is that it improves your grip, but it also reduces the pressure on your hands. This allows you to perform more reps.
Wall clearance of 14-21 inches reduces the risk of your feet touching the wall during pull ups, without taking up too much space.
UBP vs. Yes4All
Yes4All manufacture a similar wall mounted pull up bar, but you don’t have so much distance from the wall (12-20 inches). The main wide grip pull up bar is also an inch shorter, measuring 40-inches in length.
Another big difference is that the padding on the Yes4All bar doesn’t run the full length between the parallel handles. That’s because the parallel bars can be adjusted to fit either 16″ or 24″ stud space.
This could be an advantage if you have 24″ studs, and the price is usually $30 less than the UBP version. But at the time of this review, the UBP bar had hundreds more ratings and a higher average review score.
UBP Wall Mount Pull Up Bar – Product Summary
- The top rated wall mount pull up bar from Ultimate Body Press
- Precision engineered for easy mounting to 16 inch on-center wall studs
- Complete hardware, mounting templates, instructions and USA tech support included
- Four grip positions let you target multiple muscle groups
- Premium high-density foam for added grip comfort
- 14-21 inches of wall clearance and a 42″ wide pull up bar
- Ideal anchor for accessories like ab straps and bodyweight trainers
Assembly and Installation
Required ToolsAll mounted bars include heavy duty hardware and complete mounting instructions specific to each bar. To complete your installation you’ll need:
- Power Drill
- 5/16ths inch drill bit
- Socket adapter for the drill
- 17mm Socket wrench
- Level, Pencil, and Tape
This pull up bar is designed to be mounted directly to standard residential sheetrock/drywall faced wood frame walls. Studs should be spaced 16 inches apart, measured ‘on center’.
Installation instructions in the user manual are easier to follow than for a doorway pull up bar. Just 2 bolts are all that’s required to attach the wide pull up bar, with 4 lag bolts used to mount the unit to the wall.
Click here to view the complete user manual, complete with exploded assembly diagram, parts list, and assembly instructions.
The Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Pull Up Bar requires less space than a ceiling mounted bar, and offers more exercise options.
Having a neutral grip position is an advantage over straight pull up bars, and increases the focus on your forearms and brachialis. You can also still perform wide and narrow grip pull ups or chin ups, with a pronated or supinated grip (overhand or underhand).
Unfortunately, you’re unable to perform kipping pull ups, due to the neutral grip handles. If you wanted to perform this type of pull up, or muscle ups, you would need high ceilings and a design similar to Stud Bar.
Accessories, such as ab slings or the TRX suspension trainer, can be attached using the pull up bar as an anchor point.
Hanging leg raises can be performed to target your abs and oblique muscles, which builds strength in your core and can improve overall posture.
What Do Other Customer Reviews Say?
An important part of any pull up bar review is to look at the feedback from other people who have bought and used the bar in their home workouts.
How easy was it to fit? Did they have a good experience with customer service? Was the bar strong enough, and were the grips comfortable to hold?
But reading through hundreds or even thousands of reviews can be time consuming. That’s why we did the leg work for you, and created a summary of the pros and cons for the Ultimate Body Press Wall Mount Pull Up Bar, based on direct customer feedback.
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Wide variety of grip positions are perfect for chin ups as well as wide, narrow, and neutral grip pull ups
- Quick and easy to install
- Instructions are clear and easy to follow
- Padded grips improve the comfort level for your hands, and assist with grip
- Excellent customer service from the company, most notably in the rare case a customer receives a bar with a part missing, they ship a replacement quickly
- Can be integrated into any home workout that requires body weight exercises, such as P90X
- One of the more affordable and compact wall mounted pull up bars on the market
- Some customers weren’t satisfied with the quality of the wrench that’s supplied. A car socket set was used to secure the bolts instead
- Due to the way your body moves during pull ups, and the close proximity of your body to the wall, your toes may rub against the wall, depending on your height.
- Some reviews report that the instructions were incorrect relating to the drill bit you need. More recent reviews report no issues with the instructions, which have now been corrected
USA Home Gym gives in-depth insights into gym equipment, supplements, and fitness training methods. The motivation behind USA Home Gym is to provide you with information that goes beyond what you can find in any user manual, customer review, or other online review sites.
We go to great lengths to ensure that our reviews are completely comprehensive, usually covering everything from the design features to the warranty coverage and exercise options. This is all to help guide you towards the home gym equipment that’s best suited to your goals and budget, whilst also being the highest quality option in your chosen price range.