This site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. Read Our Disclosures
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar is available in 3 variations: Pro, Elite, and Sport, each of which has a 300 lb weight capacity.
Its multiple grip positions allow you to perform neutral grip pull ups, chin ups, push ups, and wide grip pull ups. This allows you to target a wide range of muscle groups, including biceps, back, shoulders, and chest.
In this review, we’ll walk you through the features and installation process, to help you decide if this is the best pull up bar for your own home workouts.
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym pull up bar is available in 3 variations: Sport, Pro, and Elite. These usually range in price from $30 for the Sport version, through to just under $50 for the Elite model.
To put this in perspective, the Stamina Doorway Trainer, Sportneer Multi-Grip Trainer, and ProSource Multi-Grip Trainer are three of the bestselling doorway pull up bars on the market.
They’re each available for less than $30, with more grip positions, and in most cases, fit a wider range of door widths (24-36”).
So, why should you buy the Perfect Fitness Multi Gym pull up bars?
- Sport – Compact design with unique doorway contact points to protect your door frame. Neutral and close grip pull up positions available, but wide grip is a problem.The wide grips aren’t as wide as on the Pro or Elite models, and you could struggle to fit your hand between the parallel bars and your door frame.
- Pro – In our opinion, this is the best balance of features and affordability. The Multi-Gym Pro can fit doorways up to 33 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep, with a 300 lb capacity.You also benefit from a much wider grip position than the Sport bar, and the wide grips are easy to hold. Features a unique door frame protection system that distributes the pressure.
- Elite – Unlike any other doorway pull up bar on the market. Almost every inch of bar is coated to improve your grip. Also features the 300 lb capacity, has a 1 year warranty, and securely fits doorways up to 33 inches wide.
Worth the Money?
In our opinion, there are better, more affordable pull up bars on the market than the Sport version. The Pro is certainly worth the money, but if you’re willing to spend $50 on the Elite version, it’s also worth checking the Ultimate Body Press XL before you buy.
Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym – Product Summary
- Portable gym that can be used as a doorway pull up bar
- Exercises include sit ups, push ups, and dips
- 300 pound weight capacity
- Wide grip handles for 3 grip options to perform wide, close, and hammer grip pull ups
- Padded handles ensure comfort for sit ups, push ups and dips
- Patented door frame guard and two-way adjustable design
- Fits door frames up to 33 inches wide and up to 6 inches deep
- Assembled dimensions: 15 x 38 x 14 inches
- Weight: 6.2 pounds
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
Assembly and Installation
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym is supplied with one of the most in-depth user manuals we’ve seen for a home pull up bar.
Following two pages of safety information about how to use the bar, you have 4 pages of installation instructions. This includes a written step-by-step guide, photos, and exploded parts diagrams.
The main pull up bar is delivered in two separate sections, with a bar for each of the handles, and a connecting bar to be mounted on the moulding of your door frame (5 bars total).
If you’re good with diagrams and assembly, you can probably skip most of the explanation and just follow the diagrams.
The user manual also contains a useful guide for how to adjust the Perfect Multi-Gym to one of 5 settings. Finding the one that’s right for you will take some trial and error, but is designed to accommodate different molding heights.
For added peace of mind, a safety clip is supplied to prevent the connecting bar from sliding on the door frame. This can simply slide between the connecting bar and the molding, and requires no permanent fixings.
Following the assembly instructions, the user manual includes a guide to warm-up and cool-down stretches.
Click here to view the complete Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Pro user manual with assembly instructions.
The Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Bar supports a complete upper body workout, using only your body weight for resistance.
There are 6 grip positions to choose from, including pronated and supinated (overhand and underhand) pull ups. You can also use a neutral/hammer grip to target the forearms and brachialis. This makes it one of the most effective exercises for training your back and bicep muscles.
Chin ups can be performed with the bar at the top of the door frame, or move it to the base of the frame for sit ups and ab crunches.
The only downside is that you don’t have the same flexibility with the positioning that you do with straight pull up bars. There’s no way to measure and perfect the height of the bar in the door frame, but the curved angle has been ergonomically designed to securely anchor your feet during ab exercises.
Because of its lightweight design, and fact that it requires no permanent fixings, you can also perform exercises away from the door. From the floor, you can perform push ups and tricep dips, to train your chest, tricep, and shoulder muscles.
One other difference between this and bars like the Sportneer Multi-Grip Trainer, is you only get one hammer grip option. This doesn’t limit your exercise choice, but some people prefer being able to choose between a narrow and wide grip position.
What do the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym reviews say?
An important part of any pull up bar review is to look at the feedback from other people who have bought and used the bar in their home workouts.
How easy was it to fit? Did they have a good experience with customer service? Was the bar strong enough, and were the grips comfortable to hold?
But reading through hundreds or even thousands of reviews can be time consuming. That’s why we did the leg work for you, and created a summary of the pros and cons for the Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym, based on direct customer feedback.
- Foam padding helps improve your grip on the bar and reduces the pressure on your hands
- Pro version features unique protection for your door frame – wider, padded contact points evenly distribute load to prevent black marks and dents
- Check clip helps improve the stability of the bar when mounted
- Quick and easy assembly using the tools provided
- U-shaped grips offer a wide variety of hand grip positions
- Requires not permanent fixings – a major advantage over straight pull up bars that require screw-in mounting kits
- Having the neutral grip position helps alleviate any pain from wide grip pull ups, for people with pre-existing rotator cuff injuries or RSI of the wrists
- Excellent stability
- Supports back and bicep workouts, in addition to tricep, shoulder, and chest workouts
- Unsuitable for door frames thicker than 6 inches
- One downside about the Pro version was that a few customers found the close grips to be too close together. In this case, we would recommend the Elite version. This has an ergonomic wide grip and unique bar shape that’s fully coated, giving you more choice of grip width.
- Most negative reviews are due to issues fitting the customer’s doorway, usually due to the moulding being too wide
USA Home Gym gives in-depth insights into gym equipment, supplements, and fitness training methods. The motivation behind USA Home Gym is to provide you with information that goes beyond what you can find in any user manual, customer review, or other online review sites.
We go to great lengths to ensure that our reviews are completely comprehensive, usually covering everything from the design features to the warranty coverage and exercise options. This is all to help guide you towards the home gym equipment that’s best suited to your goals and budget, whilst also being the highest quality option in your chosen price range.